Freddy’s Guide to Thanksgiving: Recipes and Travel Tips
Thanksgiving is all about food, family and friends. Here at Freddy’s, those are some of our favorite things, too!
We know Thanksgiving is going to look a little different in 2020. You’re probably wondering what recipes you should make on Thanksgiving, where you should eat out and how you can travel safely. Lucky for you, we’re here to give you some advice on all of that!
Our Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes
Our #FredHeads are always inventing new ways to enjoy our foods, and the holiday season brings out a new level of creativity for everyone. Whether you’re planning to enjoy one of our traditional steakburgers or try a new food or custard combo, we hope you stop by to celebrate the holidays with us.
Our restaurants will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 to allow our Team Members to enjoy Thanksgiving Day at home with their friends and family. But if you’re craving the classic Freddy’s taste on Thanksgiving Day, we have the perfect at-home recipes to bring our flavor right to your kitchen table.
Chicken, turkey, ham, steak… whatever your Thanksgiving meal of choice is, we encourage you to try it with some of our Freddy’s Famous Steakburger & Fry Seasoning®! This easy recipe twist is the perfect way to shake up your holiday meal. This special seasoning is part of what keeps our Guests coming back for seconds.
- 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup mayo or plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of Freddy’s Famous Steakburger & Fry Seasoning®
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of ground black pepper
- ½ pound of pasta noodles
Takes 15 min. to prep, 4 hrs. to cook
1. In a small bowl, combine mayo, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, garlic powder and Freddy’s Famous Steakburger & Fry Seasoning®.
2. Place chicken breasts on bottom of slow cooker.
3. Spread mixture evenly on top of chicken breasts.
4. Close cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 hours.
5. Cook pasta noodles. Remove chicken and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
6. Serve over cooked noodles. Enjoy!
Mashed potatoes are one of the most traditional Thanksgiving side dishes. Whether you’re making a big holiday dinner or a meal for two, these tasty potatoes are sure to make everyone smile. Follow this easy recipe to bring classic Freddy’s flavor right to your home table!
- 5 lb. of potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ cup of Freddy’s Famous Fry Sauce®
- 1 tbsp of Freddy’s Famous Steakburger & Fry Seasoning®
Takes 60 min.
1. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
2. Boil potatoes until tender; drain.
3. Mash potatoes until smooth and stir in Freddy’s Famous Fry Sauce®, mixing well.
4. Transfer to 3qt casserole dish.
5. Sprinkle Freddy’s Famous Steakburger & Fry Seasoning® over top and bake at 350º F for 25 min.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Visit our Pinterest page for more creative Thanksgiving ideas for an easy holiday dinner at home.
Thanksgiving Travel Tips
Traditionally, Thanksgiving is one of the busiest travel holidays of the year. Whether you’re having a socially-distanced visit with family, popping out for something on your Thanksgiving grocery list, or simply going for a drive around the block, having a plan can help your holiday celebration run smoothly.
Planning your Thanksgiving trip will not only save you time but also reduce stress and anxiety. Here are just a few of things you should plan:
- Bathroom Breaks
Google Maps, Apple Maps and Waze are great apps to search for gas stations and restaurants along your route. Food is extremely important so knowing where you are going to stop along the way is a must. Luckily Freddy’s has nearly 400 locations across the country to help satisfy your needs and tastes.
Since our restaurants will be closed Nov. 26 to allow our Team Members to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday, we hope that you’ll visit us another day (or several!) throughout the holiday season. You can check out our Christmas hours schedule for more information, as well as our COVID-19 guidelines.
Our Freddy’s App is another great way to find a Freddy’s near you, view our menu, and place a mobile order. Plus you can earn points on your orders through our Freddy’s Rewards program. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the holiday season than to cash in your points for free Freddy’s!
Happy Thanksgiving, From Our Family to Yours
We want to wish everyone a happy (and safe!) Thanksgiving holiday. Be sure to post pictures of your favorite Freddy’s foods on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and tag us on social @freddysusa for a chance to be featured on our national pages.